Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Down, Two to Go.

Has it really been a week since I posted?
Yikes, what happened?
I guess life.
Kean has three doctor's appointments this week and two therapy sessions.
And I used to think life was busy back in the days when I worked
or let me re-phrase that, back in the days when I got paid for the work I did.
Today, Kean, Reese and I went to see the doctor who put the tubes in Kean's ears a few weeks ago.
I'm happy to report, all is looking good.
His ears are clear and because of that, they are finally seeing some movement with his ear drums.
I told you he was hearing better.
He's a changed little man-- all jibbery jabbery and much more engaged.
The really big test comes tomorrow.
He'll be sedated for 2 hours while they hook little sensors up to his head and test his hearing.
More than the test, I'm dreading the ramp up to the procedure.
He has to fast for 5 HOURS and the test isn't until the afternoon.
TORTURE for baby and for mom.
I'm feeling good about it though...  the test that is.  I just know he's hearing much better.
Hopefully, I'll have some good news to report tomorrow.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'M THINKING OF YOU BOTH!!! TOMORROW EXPECIALLY! MAYA HAS A SKEALTAL SURVEY TEST HER BODY NECK AND SPINE. IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING..... LOVE YOU