Reincarnated As A Mother

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A quick update

I took Kean back into the doctor's office today for a follow-up. He's looking and sounding much better. In fact, she cut down all of the steroid and abuterol treatments to just once a day. Whooheee! He hates those treatments and fights me the entire time-- so happily, I'll just have to force him through one. Now if I can just keep the little guy healthy.
Kean also had an ultrasound yesterday. We go to the Pediatric Oncologist tomorrow for the real read on the test-- but the Radiologist came in and talked to us (me, Kean and Reese) and said it looks like the growth on his liver-- the lipoma-- has gotten a tad bit smaller. Tad bit-- would be my interpretation-- not true medical terms. So that was fabulous news.
I swear my days lately have been dominated by doctors appointments, therapists, breathing treatments, feedings and pumping. Thankfully, that will be settling down somewhat.
Speaking of being thankful-- I have to share:
Holland came home with a little essay she wrote and since I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out how to put it on this blog-- I'll just write what she wrote-- misspellings and all:
I am most thankful for...
My you are the best parents my sister and brother could have in the hole world. You feed us, you help at homework. Dad your the person who can fix anything your the best. Mom you can feed Nathan without a fit do you think anybody else could do that. Greer your the best shareir. Reese you could chase Greer and me all day with out getting tired. Nathan you can snort a lot when you eat. Zoe you are getting old I love you. Roxy you are cute and soft.
Tee, hee, hee. Byron and I laughed and laughed. Hope you think its as funny as we did. Our kids are great. I think we'll keep 'em.

3 comments:

Marti said...

That's too bad. I keep hoping I'll give a nibble of interest in loaning me Reese (or any of 'em!) for a bit. :)

Great news that he's doing better!

karen said...

hey Lon, when I saw that name Shera Mae I knew it had to be none other than my sister Susan Hoopes Sorensen's old college roommate at Ricks--will you email me Shera Mae's email address? Susan is dying to get in touch with her...
thanks lady! glad Kean is feeling better...

The Good Life on Less! said...

I don't think in terms of zoe getting old, but I guess in dog years .... very cute letter.