Reincarnated As A Mother

Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Friday!

Ohhhh, I am so glad this week is over. Six doctor appointments and two therapy sessions in five days is a bit crazy. Kean had his first Synagis shot (the $3000 shot to keep him from getting RSV). He didn't like it a bit... it's one of those thicker, longer shots and boy did he let out a wail. Only 4 more shots to go over the next four months. He's back up to 10 pounds after dipping down from his hospital stint. So he's lookin' good and sounding good.
Calene Borup came over and watched Kean and Reese this afternoon and evening. Byron and I dropped off Holland and Greer at a birthday party and then we headed on a "date" to Costco. We desperately needed food and it was fun to pick up a few Christmas gifts. Byron says I'm a cheap date--- he fed me on Costco samples and I was perfectly happy with that.
We picked the girls up from the party and stopped by my brother's saddle shop: Flynn's and picked out the most beautiful Christmas tree from the lot in his parking lot. We have a family tradition of going up into the mountains, sledding and snowmobiling and cutting down our own tree. This year that's obviously not going to happen-- so instead of our typical Charlie Brown tree-- we have a Supermodel tree.

3 comments:

Shellee said...

Isn't it great how the more kids you have, the less you expect on a date? Sure it's nice to go "all-out", but sometimes it's the-movie-in-the-back-of-the-van-away-from-the-kids date nights that can make us the happiest!

I'm glad that Kean got one shot done, the poor little guy!

Hope the weekend gets even better!

The Good Life on Less! said...

I'm glad you had a little "date." Today at Costco they gave me deli pizza ... a tester I can really get into! :)

Marti said...

Picture of the tree when it's up, please?