Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Girl World Has Been Infiltrated


In case you weren't born with the "I can read ultrasounds" talent-- let me help you out. The baby does not have three legs. That's something we've never seen before. Yup, we're expecting a true, blue baby boy. After three girls... we just didn't think this was possible. In fact, Byron was extremely quiet on the way home from the doctor's office. I think he had convinced himself we would be adding to Girl World.
So now I don't feel so bad about giving away all of those darling girly outfits the minute-- no the second-- Reese grew out of them.
So now we are at square one when it comes to names. Greer had "Aquamarine Bella" all picked out for us. Somehow, I don't think that will be quite fitting. We're officially open for suggestions. My one friend has already suggested "Bryan". That's only funny if you know that my dad called Byron "Bryan" on and off for the first several months of our marriage.
Oh, I'm almost 5 1/2 months along. We are due in on Sept. 15th. It took me this long for reality to sink in. So now you know.

16 comments:

Chuck said...

You can always name him Charles and call him Chuck like me! I don't think I've ever met a guy that goes by Chuck. Or, you can name him Byron Junior!

lisa pratt fershin said...

I am so happy for you. The told me my son was a girl for the first 2 Ultasounds, but I was sure it was a boy.
I like the boy name Ian or steven

Christine said...

Yeah, I'd say that ultrasound is pretty unmistakable. I've never seen such a clear shot before! Wow!

Yay for you! A BOY!!! Boys are so much fun! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

You were NOT KIDDING when you said it was an unmistakable shot! Woot, woot! So delighted for you to have a little more testosterone in your house, but good luck w/the boy names...they are hard!

Jen L said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!we are excited for the new adventure you have ahead of you with a boy!! It's so much fun. Its even fun to shop for them.

aubri said...

congrates!!!!!!!

Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Congrats, you guys!! So happy for the boy! I think that's the best ultrasound picture I've ever seen. There is no doubt! ;) Just found out my brother and his wife are expecting a boy, too....Oct 6th. Congrats, again!!!

The Good Life on Less! said...

That is one clear ultrsound ... boy howdy!

Nick said...

YAY!! I don't have any newborn stuff left, but everything else still, so you are welcome to it. In fact, take it all and anything you don't like, give to DI. Some of the things are newer and some have been through 4 boys so might be a little faded. I also have a bouncy seat and activity center for you and a mobile and monitors. Names-I've always loved some of the old classics like Charlie and Harry, but Tristan was another one of our names. You need a shower, so if no one has offered yet, tell me and I will do one for you!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

As if you needed to draw an arrow... Pretty clear!!
I am very happy for you all! Congratulations!!
We love & miss you! :D

Lonni said...

Hey Byron drew the arrow-- not me. Guess he thinks we all need a little clarity!
Tink- you are so thoughtful. I'll let you know but am very touched by your offer.

Marti said...

Speaking as one of your apparently few friends who have no offspring, THANK YOU BYRON.

Lorribee said...

I like the name Milo... oh yeah... that's my son's name! How about Bronx Mowgli...Phinneaus ... Pax... oh yeah, Hollywood has taken those names. (hee-hee!)

Actually I do like the name Finn. But either way, you are headed for some wonderful years ahead! Boys are so sweet and loving! I can't wait to see his beautiful little face...

Kerri said...

That's fabulous! I'm so excited for you guys. Send some of those boy vibes our way, huh?!!!

Sherri said...

I'll try to come up with some boy names. So are you going to have a blog give away for the winning name? That will motivate me a little more. ;) Especially if it was pewter. JJ

Should I get my map out?

Dawn Bushman said...

No matter what he is named he will be very loved in your home. Congratulations!