Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Are You Sitting Down?????????

So I've been putting this post off and off and off. I guess I'm still recovering from the shock of it all. But since I can't hide it anymore, I'll come clean. I am pregnant. Yup, if you need to read that sentence again, I'll wait.....
Byron and I now fall into that little category of the 1 percenters... where birth control did not work. My doctor tried to make me feel better by telling me he sees two groups of "Oops Babies" moms-- teenagers and women in their 40's. Those of you who know me probably know what category I'm in.
So this is what happens when you get rid of every baby item in your home, give away all of your maternity clothes and are mentally prepared for the next phase of life. Reese starts pre-school two days a week next year. This is also what happens when you start a new business with a friend and are busier than ever. Crazy, eh?
P.S. I know, I know-- several of my high school friends are grandmothers at this stage. Just call me a late bloomer.

8 comments:

Chuck said...

Somehow I knew that was what your announcement would be! Congratulations!

CJ said...

Congratulations! I tried pulling that "prank" on my family for April Fools Day. It'll be okay, maybe this will be your boy?

-Charmen-

Dawn Bushman said...

Congratulations! Man, there must be something in the water, so many of my friends are either getting married or are expecting. I am so thrilled for you both!

Anonymous said...

I am calling it what it is:

A LOVE CHILD!

I think it's great! Congrats to Byron who is THE MAN!

Christine said...

Yes, congratulations! That's awesome news and just when you thought your diaper days were over! Ha, ha. ;)

Nick said...

Congratulations! Though I do not envy you at all having also made the decision to be done. I still have plenty of baby stuff left though if you want any of it-activity center, vibrating seat, etc. Let me know.

Shellee said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Good thing you got Reese potty-trained in time!

Lori Лори Lori said...

Glad I'm not a member of that club! Congrats Lonni!