Reincarnated As A Mother

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Okay, so calling my helpful dad, "mule boy" wasn't perhaps the most respectful of names. But I must admit, I'm a bit obsessed with nicknames. Byron (if anyone knows him-- you'll soooo understand) is known as McGyver at my house. Fortunately or unfortunately, he must also be perceived as McGyver by many of our friends. I can't tell you how often our garage houses friends and neighbors snowmobiles, 4 wheelers and vehicles that need a little TLC and know-how.
Holland is known as LuLu Bell, Sweat Socks (thanks Todd) and Squawky.
Greer is GiGi-love, Gassy goose and Lu.
Reese is Reese's Pieces, the Pirhanna (she's tiny but has a mouthful of teeth-- thanks Uncle Craig) and when she was really little, the girls called her Bagel (don't ask me why), Mato (as in Tomato), Bibel (pronounced Bib-ul-- the girls came up with that one) and Muffin. When she was in the womb, we called her Princess Everlove. Holland and Greer came up with that and wanted that to be her name. It was a tough decision... but in the end Reese won out.

5 comments:

jill said...

Lonni...how fun to read over your blog. Your girls are beautiful and it sounds like family life is great! Send me your email address and I will invite you to my blog. (I have is secured because I am paranoid) jilllueck@cox.net

karen said...

Hi Lon. Trade show? what kind of trade show? sounds intriguing...

Shellee said...

I love nicknames, it's a great way to show our true feelings. My kids are Fuzzy, Buddy and Lou. You have such cute little family!

Jen said...

Hi Lonni, I ran across your blog. You have a darling family - I love girls and I have three myself but we opted for the male dog! Looks like life is treating you well. Take care!

The Good Life on Less! said...

ok, love the nickname of Pirhanna for reece .... it's always been interesting to me to see all those teeth in such a little person! :) By-the-way, we've taken to calling Eli "Randy" after Randy from My Name is Earl ... serious likeness ... he'll be in therapy for sure! :)