Reincarnated As A Mother

Monday, December 29, 2008

Yo Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Santa Claus came through big-time for the Barker's. Look at what he somehow got in and out of his sleigh! Big Red left a note for the girls: Hey my good little Barker girls... to find your present, follow the ribbon curls.
He then left a trail of curly ribbon winding through the house and leading to a Piano. Whhooohheee. It was pretty exciting... especially after the night of many awakenings. Reese was up first at 3a.m. She kept repeating "Santa come?" Who knew a 2 year old would be so clued in! Then Holland and Greer were up an hour later (and stayed up for another hour before exhaustion set in). Thank heavens for naps.

My mom and dad brought all the grandkids pajamas back from their trip to China. Cute, eh?
Here they are opening some of the mother-lode from Grandma and Grandpa Barker. So much
for taking it easy this year.
Grammy and Grandpa Leavitt got all three girls new bedding. Reese moved up to a "big girl" bed. (Sorry, pictures to come).
And here's some of what Grandma and Grandpa Klingler spoiled the family with... we've played
the "bear hunt" game at least 17 times. Oh, and the Barbie cookbook Reese is holding is mine from my beginning years as a chef (thanks mom)!

Finally, the piece de resistance: Byron spent many a late night making the girls their own jewelry/treasure boxes. We call them treasure boxes-- 'cause if any of you have kids.. you know that everything and I mean everything is a treasure (receipts, the stickers that come on the newspaper, gum wrappers etc). Byron hand dove-tailed them and built an insert with compartments for their jewelry. We're hoping they'll last forever. They turned out beautiful. MacGyver strikes again!
I just couldn't resist-- you understand. Nope, this isn't cross dressing 101-- Byron won the first ever Princess game playoff. Next time you see him, remember it's "Your Highness". By the way, he did other more manly things during our snow days-- like taking the kids snowmobiling all over the property-- I just failed to take pictures of that.



14 comments:

gramyflys said...

Hi Barkers! We LOVED your Christmas card..still laughing. So glad to have found your blog...what a great life you have. The girls are beyond amazingly beautiful...you've got it all! SO happy for you...By the way, OUR little Holland granddaughter is now 19 months old. Still love her name so much, thanks to YOU!! Keep in touch! Love, The Emigs

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

What a wonderful christmas! I think I could send the girls some treasures for those boxes!!

Diane said...

Is that snow I see in the background? Love your Christmas posts!

Sherrill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherrill said...

Happy New Year Lonni, Byron looks as cute as Cal in that Pretty, Pretty Princess gear. We passed on our game to Jill and now Cal gets to enjoy. I love it!

Christine said...

I'm so jealous you got a piano for Christmas! It looks beautiful! One of these days....

Your girls look adorable in the their new jammies!

Is it too late to wish you a Merry Christmas?!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment you left, you are way too kind! But I would like to know why I am just now finding out you have a blog, I thought we were closer than that!! I am joking, but I LOVE your blog and being able to catch up on your family! I have really missed all of you, especially your girls! I am glad you had a great Christmas, lets go see a movie sometime soon. As soon as I am done leaving this comment I will check out the Costco website, I am sure it looks great. I pray it works out great for you! I will email you so that you have my email address, but comments are always fun too!! Keep in touch!!
Love - Melissa

Melissa said...

P.S. Can I have a blown up picture of Princess Byron?!! I know the perfect place at the office for it!! :)

Allysun said...

Lonnie Bryon would make such a Beautiful Woman. Does he want to borrow the mangetter Car? I loan it to him. Love you and I miss Greer she was such a joy to have in my class
Ally

Mama of 2 Hapas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama of 2 Hapas said...

Hi, Lonni-
Mohri just finally sent me your Christmas "card". I love it! Glad to find your blog. Your girls are getting so big! Happy New Year!
-Valerie

CJ said...

Oh I can't wait to share this with Andrew! And you still have Zoe! He'll love that too. Your girls are soooo beautiful. And yes, we do remember your "glory days". We have some footage of you a video of a special on Channel 8. We pull it out just to see you from time to time:)

Dawn Bushman said...

While Byron is quite fetching, I do love the matching jammies on your girls. Too cute!

Elizabeth said...

I just love reading these adventures you all do... I'm to sick to do anything but this will past and before you know it Our family will be out visiting you soon hopefully this summer... lve you Lonnie & Byron!