Reincarnated As A Mother

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Old MacBarker had a farm...

Since we've moved to Idaho we've had more company than you can imagine. Well, imagine my suprise when Byron and the girls brought home our latest guest-- a full grown Canadian Goose.
Let me introduce Isabella Goosey Goose Barker -- newly adopted into our little family.


Before I go on, I had nothing to do with Reese's outfit. Little miss fashionista came up with it on her own. Now back to the goose. The kids found her trying and failing to fly-- she'd been shot in the wing and side. She came to our place to recover and spent a stint in the garage. However, she wasn't the best of guests and I must admit I resorted to calling her Hissy Fit behind her back. So what did all that complainin' get her? An upgrade to the girl's play house.

Alas, we said our fond farewells and handed her over to more capable hands-- a Vet who works with a water fowl rescue agency. If she can't be rehabilitated back into the wild-- she'll go to live with a wingless goose on some lady's pond near Boise. Stay tuned...


2 comments:

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Poor Goosey! You guys are so nice, Pat probably would be cooking it for Christmas Dinner! I wish I was kidding... You're Christmas ecard was the funniest ever, Pat is still laughing! We miss you guys!! Love & Hugs~

Kerri said...

Oh my gosh! Seeing that dirty goose in your adorable play-room was just wrong. Hilarious!